There was a time when Power Rangers, the now-decades-long TV franchise featuring people (mostly teens) who “morph” into color-themed suited warriors to fight aliens and other monsters, was owned by The Walt Disney Company. Acquired as part of a bundle-programming buyout in 2002, it aired several seasons on Disney-owned networks until franchise creator Haim Saban bought it back in 2010.
All in all, there were eight seasons of Power Rangers that were co-produced under Disney Enterprises. They are notably distinct from earlier Saban-produced seasons in that all but one was filmed in New Zealand, and with mostly local talent cast.
The following is a list of the “Disney-Era” seasons of Power Rangers, which as before were westernized localizations of the originally-Japanese Super Sentai action TV franchise. The “Ranger” titles will be followed by the original “Sentai” title. It’s Listin’ Time!
- Power Rangers: Wild Force (2002) – adapted from Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger
- Power Rangers: Ninja Storm (2003) – adapted from Ninpuu Sentai Hurricanger
- Power Rangers: Dino Thunder (2004) – adapted from Bakuryu Sentai Abaranger
- Power Rangers: SPD (2005) – adapted from Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger
- Power Rangers: Mystic Force (2006) – adapted from Mahou Sentai Magiranger
- Power Rangers: Operation Overdrive (2007) – adapted from Go-Go Sentai Boukenger
- Power Rangers: Jungle Fury (2008) – adapted from Juuken Sentai Gekiranger
- Power Rangers: RPM (2009) – adapted from Engine Sentai Go-Onger