It still feels a long way off before Disney can begin boasting more substantially about its very own digital streaming service. But in the meantime they can drum up more interest from stream watchers by dropping teases on the various original content they have in store, from films to series.
One of their movie projects set to be a launch exclusive on the Disney streaming channel is a live-action remake of the 1955 Disney Animated Canon classic Lady and the Tramp. This is one of several Disney cartoon film remakes in live-action that’s been earmarked for streaming instead of cinemas.
With Charlie Bean (LEGO Ninjago Movie) directing a screenplay by Andrew Bujalski, the Lady and the Tramp reimagining has already gone through an initial round of casting for its characters. Here’s who have been cast.
- Tessa Thompson (Thor: Ragnarok and Creed) – Lady the Cocker Spaniel
- Justin Theroux (Iron Man 2) – Tramp the mutt
- Ashley Jensen (Ugly Betty) – Jackie the Scottish terrier (and gender-bend of original Jock)
- Benedict Wong (Doctor Strange) – Bull the Bulldog
- Sam Elliott (Ghost Rider) – Trusty the Bloodhound
- Janelle Monáe – Peg the Pekingese
- Kiersey Clemons – Darling, Lady’s mistress
- Thomas Mann – Jim Dear, Darling’s husband
- Yvette Nicole Brown – Aunt Sarah
- Adrian Martinez – Elliot the dog-catcher
- Arturo Castro – Marco
The Disney streaming service is due to start its operations by year 2019.