There’s no doubt that Disney hit a massive jackpot with their 2013 animated film “Frozen.” From its awesome casting, endearing characters and unforgettable (borderline annoying) soundtrack, this adaptation of the “Snow Queen” story just hit all the right notes. No wonder that Disney developed two animated shorts, included the leads in a “crossover” with another animated movie, and produced a sequel coming out this November.
And let’s not forget that “Frozen” got adapted into a musical as well. With the main creative minds of the film (Robert and Kristen Anderson-Lopez, plus Jennifer Lee) working on music, lyrics and book, the theatrical version has begun crossing the US and started appearing in overseas productions as well.
What we have here is a list of major productions that have either staged or will be staging the “Frozen” musical since its 2017 debut:
- Pre-Broadway (2017) – Buell Theatre in Denver, Colorado
- Broadway (2018) – St. James Theatre
- US National Tour: first stop (November 2019) – Proctor’s Theatre in Schenectady, New York
- Australian Production (July 2020) – Capitol Theatre in Sydney, New South Wales
- UK West End Production (late 2020) – Theatre Royale, Drury Lane