This Wednesday, Disney UK teased the world with a still image, presumably an actual scene from the upcoming Disney animated film Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2. It’s the first image depicting what was promised by Disney in the sequel’s first information updates: the appearance of the Disney Princesses.
— Disney UK (@Disney_UK) May 30, 2018
In the traditional Disney Princess franchise guideline, each Princess character supposedly exists solely on her own film setting; thus in “group shots” they never seem to interact or even look at one another. This scene from WIR2 fulfills a dream of sorts for “Princess” fans: that they’ll finally act together.
Here’s a list of the Disney Princesses seen thus far in this one scene for Wreck-It Ralph 2. Note that only a number of them are shown; not all. And some of them aren’t even officially “inducted” into the Disney Princess franchise roster. So without further ado, let’s list them:
“Official” Disney Princesses
- Snow White
- Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
- Belle (Beauty and the Beast)
- Jasmine (Aladdin)
- Tiana (The Princess and the Frog)
- Rapunzel (Tangled)
Princesses NOT (Yet) Part of the Franchise
- Vanellope Von Schweetz (Wreck-It Ralph) – though she probably prefers to be President
- Anna (Frozen)
- Elsa (Frozen) – though technically, she’s a Queen
- Moana – though she’ll insist she’s just the daughter of a village chief (Maui’s opinion notwithstanding)
Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 will premiere on November 21.