At the start of this month we ran a little feature and list of what sorts of shops to expect when Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens this year on two Disney theme parks. We’ve already established that the expansion theme area will be immersive, genuine playing its setting as the smuggling town of Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu.
But aside from that, and of course the heavily-anticipated rides and attractions (one of which will actually open later than the rest), Galaxy’s Edge will also offer a unique experience for its guests who have come to their corner of the Galaxy far, far away: alien dining and exotic cuisine.
If you could recall the cantina scenes from the original trilogy, or the dining room of Anakin’s house on Tatooine during the prequels, or even Luke milking green muck from an Ahch-to alien in the sequels, then you somewhat know what to expect from the dining facilities of Galaxy’s Edge.
But really, it’s thematic keyfabe. The new area’s going to dazzle diners with artfully-plated extraterrestrial food that (thankfully) should taste approximately to yummy Earth stuff. Here’s a short list of the three primary dining locations for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge:
- Black Spire Outpost Market – alfresco dining with plenty of “alien patrons” and droids milling about
- Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo – the outpost’s cargo depot, also the gathering spot for “travelling food shuttles” aka food trucks
- Olga’s Cantina – a sendup to similar cantinas in the Outer Rim; features ex-pilot droid DJ R-3X mixing music while the staff mixes galactic drinks (both alcoholic and not, to cater to everyone)
But just what kind of alien food is in store when tourists to Black Spire Outpost decide to chow down. Here’s a sample list of menu items across all the places mentioned above. Let’s see if you enjoy the selection:
- Blue and Green Milk – Blue Milk was from the first “Star Wars” film ever, and Green was already mentioned
- Braised Shaak Roast – beef pot
- Felucian Garden Spread – veggie meatballs
- Fried Endorian Tip Yip – fried poultry
- Ithorian Garden Loaf – veggie meatloaf
- Meiloorun Juice, Turkey Jerky & Ronto Wrap Set – Batuu’s take on a Mexican snack set
- Moogan Tea, Blue Bantha, Bloody Rancor, Black Spire Brew, Carbon Freeze, Oga’s Obsession Provision & Cliff Dweller – the non-alcoholic menu for Olga’s Cantina
- Outpost Mix – popcorn
- Oven-Roasted Burra Fish – obvious from the name
- Oven-Roasted Tip Yip – if you want chicken roasted, not fried
- Phattro and Moof Juice – neither milk nor alcohol
- Raspberry Creme Puff with Passion Fruit Mousse, & Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate Mousse and Coffee Custard – self explanatory
- Smoked Kaadu Ribs – pork ribs
- The Outer Rim, Bespin Fizz, Yub Nub and Fuzzy Tauntaun – Olga’s alcoholic cocktails
- Yobshrimp Noodle Salad – finally, here’s their oriental cuisine approximation
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens in Disneyland on May 31 and on Disney World’s Hollywood Studios on August 29. A third location has begun work on Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Paris, opening 2021-2025.