Capcom and Square-Enix haven’t been the only Japanese videogame developers to have given the world some awesome game titles featuring Walt Disney characters. Sega too has had its time in the sun making digital adventures for Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, particularly making the Illusion series for their videogame systems.
Here then is a list of titles in Sega’s Illusion game titles starring the classic Disney characters. Note that Illusion is the English-language title, after the first game in the franchise called Castle of Illusion; in Japan the series is called I Love Mickey Mouse.
Sega’s Disney Illusion Series
- Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (1990 Sega Genesis, 1991 Sega Game Gear and Master System)
- Land of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (JP: Mickey Mouse no Mahō no Crystal; 1992 Sega Master System, 1993 Sega Game Gear)
- World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck (JP: I Love Mickey & Donald – Fushigi na Magic Box; 1992 Sega Genesis)
- Legend of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (JP: Mickey Mouse – Densetsu no Oukoku; 1995 Sega Game Gear)
- The Disney Collection: Castle of Illusion & Quackshot (1996 Sega Mega Drive; 2-in-1 game cartridge released in Europe)
- Sega Ages: I Love Mickey Mouse (1998 Sega Saturn; later compilation of Castle of Illusion and Quackshot released only in Japan)
- Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (2013 PSN, Xbox Live Arcade and PC; Sega remake of original 1990 game)
Other Sega-Made Disney Games
- Quackshot Starring Donald Duck (JP: I Love Donald Duck – Georgia-Ou no Hihou; 1991 Sega Genesis)
- The Lucky Dime Caper Starring Donald Duck (JP: Donald no Lucky Dime; 1991 Sega Master System and Game Gear)
- Deep Duck Trouble Starring Donald Duck (JP: Donald Duck no 4-tsu no Hihou; 1993 Sega Master System and Game Gear)
Disney Interactive went on to make a game-wide tribute to Sega’s Castle of Illusion by revisiting the setting in 2012’s Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion on the Nintendo 3DS.