The Ducktales videogame from Capcom in 1989 is often held to be one of the greatest (if not the greatest) videogame adaptation of a Disney property in the history of electronic entertainment. What could be more exciting than controlling Scrooge McDuck as he travels around the world to hunt for treasure and collect various gems to add into his money bin?
Here then is a list of the various areas that Scrooge explores during the course of the Ducktales videogame on the Nintendo Entertainment System. Also included are two additional areas from the title’s 2013 HD remake Ducktales Remastered, made available on on all contemporary major platforms of the time including mobile.
- The Amazon
- Transylvania – domain of Magica de Spell; also doubled as the final boss area of the original NES game with Dracula Duck
- King Solomon’s Mines – domain of the King of the Terra Firmians (expanded as the pathway to the Terra Firmian underworld in Remastered)
- The Himalayas
- The Moon – visited by the aliens of planet Kronk; arguably home to the most memorable background music of the game in both versions
- The Money Bin – first mandatory area in Remastered; serves as tutorial level
- Mount Vesuvius – new final boss area in Remastered; Dracula Duck is fought here, with an extended post-battle race segment
The original game had a sequel with new areas for Scrooge to go through, though it was never remade. Ducktales 2 (NES and Gameboy) however was included in The Disney Afternoon Collection compilation of Capcom’s Disney game titles, released in 2017.
- Niagara Falls
- Bermuda Triangle – like with the original game, this area was recycled as a final boss area with Scrooge’s rival Flintheart Glomgold…or is it?