Two years after their last TV movie-length grand adventure, the Villain Kids and their friends at Auradon High are ready for another round of Good – and Bad – versus Evil in Disney Channel’s “Descendants 3.” Having somehow proven twice over that the children of fairy-tale baddies need not follow in their parents’ footsteps, Mal and her fellow VK’s are ready to invite new students to Auradon.
But Evil never rests and never forgets. While Ursula’s daughter Uma may have been thwarted back in “Descendants 2,” she’s been bitterly biding her time to resume the invasion of Auradon. And this time she’s got some heavy grown-villain backup in Dr. Facilier and Hades.
In between helping a new batch of VK’s to fit in with life at Auradon High, and the looming threat of another villain attack, Mal, Carlos, Evie and Jay will be facing perhaps their most epic battle for goodness yet.
Here’s a list of the new cast additions for “Descendants 3” on the Disney Channel, directed as usual by D-Channel Original Movie master Kenny Ortega:
- New Villain Kids
- Celia – daughter of Dr. Facilier, played by Jadah Marie; if the “Wicked World” animated miniseries holds, then she’s also the sister of Freddie
- Squeaky – one of the twin sons of Mr. Smee, bosun to Captain Hook; he’s played by Christian Convrey
- Squirmy – the other twin son of Smee; he’s played by Luke Roessler
- New Villain Parents
- Dr. Facilier – witch doctor antagonist of “The Princess and the Frog”; also father to Freddie (in “Wicked World”) and Celia in this film; he’s played by Jamal Sims
- Hades – Greek God of the Underworld and big bad to “Hercules;” he’s played by Cheyenne Jackson
- Queen Leah – mother to Queen Aurora and grandmother to Princess Audrey; she’s played by Judith Maxie
“Descendants 3” brings back Dove Cameron as Mal, Cameron Boyce, as Carlos, Sofia Carson as Evie, Booboo Stewart as Jay, Mitchell Hope as Prince Ben, China Ann McCain as Uma, and much more from the previous two installments. It will premiere mid-year on Disney Channel.