It goes without saying that the films which comprise the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) from Marvel Studios are nigh-guaranteed magnets for the movie-watching crowds. It’s gotten to the point that the very trailers for MCU films also draw plenty of viewers, to the point that they are among the most-watched videos on video-sharing site YouTube.
With the recent release of the trailer for next year’s Avengers: Endgame, the closing chapter of Phase 4 and the first ten years of the MCU, here now are the Top 5 most-watched trailers of the MCU franchise on YouTube:
- Avengers: Infinity War trailer 1 (November 29, 2017) – 216+ million views, also all-time most-viewed trailer
- Avengers: Infinity War trailer 2 (March 16, 2018) – 90+ million views, ninth overall most-viewed
- Avengers: Age of Ultron teaser (October 22, 2014) – 86+ million views, 14th place overall on YouTube
- Captain America: Civil War trailer 2 (March 10, 2016) – 80+million, 17th all-time most-viewed trailer
- Avengers: Endgame (December 7, 2018) – 72.1 million views as of Monday, the new all-time most-viewed trailer within a 24-hour period (289 million cumulative views); will soon surpass the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice SDCC trailer which is the 20th place all-time with 72.8 million.
The fourth Avengers movie for the MCU will premiere with an “ultimate game-changing showdown” on April 26, 2019 and “will end with a bombastic bang”.