If anybody’s thinking that there’s a lot of Star Wars content being prepped by Disney and Lucasfilm already – animated series, live-action series, and Episode IX among others – then they have underestimated just how many forms of media they can churn out of the world’s greatest space opera franchise at once.
Already word is out that there will be a new web-series coming out called Star Wars: Galaxy of Adventures. While earlier series Forces of Destiny focused on female Star Wars characters in action, this appears to be an adaptation of the films themselves, cut down into mini-episodes depicting significant scenes from the eight (plus two) movies that are already released.
Galaxy of Adventures will apparently use authentic film audio while reimagining the visuals with some slick animation that (amusingly) looks more anime than the promised anime style on Star Wars Resistance. Here’s an enumeration of the sequences referred to in the first web series trailer:
- Millennium Falcon escaping from the Hoth blockade (The Empire Strikes Back)
- Battle of Yavin IV (A New Hope)
- Capture of Tantive IV (New Hope)
- Search for R2-D2 on Dune Sea (New Hope)
- Luke receiving his father’s lightsaber (New Hope)
- Yoda vs. Count Dooku/Darth Tyrannus (Attack of the Clones)
- Luke vs. Vader in Cloud City (Empire Strikes Back)
- Luke vs. Vader before Palpatine (Return of the Jedi)
- Possible scenes from Solo and The Force Awakens