Disney-Pixar’s Toy Story 3 in 2010 seemed like the perfect ending to the story of Woody, Buzz Lightyear and the other toys of a growing boy named Andy. Andy was going to college and eventually left his toys in the care of a family acquaintance’s young daughter. This however could also qualify as a sequel hook; and indeed Toy Story 4 is now coming up.
The first trailer for the distant sequel and soft franchise reboot was released this Monday, November 12. Initial plot info has the good old gang of toys going on another adventure to find Woody’s long-sold girlfriend Bo Peep, accompanied by a new face who insists that he’s not a toy.
It might be easier to list the characters old and new who appeared in it.
- Sheriff Woody (Tom Hanks)
- Buzz Lightyear (Tim Allen)
- Jessie (Joan Cusack)
- Mr. Potato Head (voice unknown, as Don Rickles passed away before any recording last year)
- Mrs. Potato Head (Estelle Harris)
- Rex (Wallace Shawn)
- Hamm (John Ratzenberger)
- Green Man (Jeff Pidgeon)
- Slinky Dog (Blake Clark)
- Forky (Tony Hale) – a new character, being a plastic spork with a Play-Doh face and spiral spring arms; he keeps saying he’s not a toy
Toy Story 4 premieres next year on June 21, 2019.