With cracks seeming to form between Marvel and Netflix on account of the former’s parent company Disney pushing the future launch of its own streaming service – with its own Marvel series to boot – one must wonder what installments of Marvel Netflix are still left to stream following the cancellation of Iron Fist and Luke Cage.
Daredevil season 3 has just been added to the content library last month, but what comes next? Is this really the end for Marvel Netflix? Not quite. New seasons of existing series have been green-lighted long ago and are in production. So we’ll list what they are, along with what shows might still be viable.
- Jessica Jones season 3 – despite weaker reviews compared to the first, this was announced just one month after season 2 premiered
- The Punisher season 2 – also announced one month after its inaugural run November 2017
- Daredevil season 4 – if nothing else, while all other Marvel series on Netflix might go, the original and pioneer might still stick around; nothing official yet, though
- Defenders season 2 – not so warmly received despite being Marvel Netflix’s own Avengers-type team, but who knows?
- Heroes for Hire – a possibility that Luke Cage and Iron Fist were cancelled to pair their heroes up just as they were in the comics; pure speculation
The confirmed upcoming season for Jessica Jones and The Punisher premieres some time in 2019.