Starting Sunday, October 7, the latest Star Wars animated series from Lucasfilm Animation, Star Wars Resistance, will premiere on the Disney Channel, followed on Disney XD. Taking place six months before the start of The Force Awakens, it follows a young Resistance pilot and spy snooping on suspected First Order activity at a refueling station on an ocean planet.
While there, Kazuda Xiono will meet new people, who will become friends, rivals and possible foes as he tries to determine who to trust and not, while the Galaxy hurtles into a new period on galactic conflict for its very existence.
Star Wars Resistance focuses on Kazuda and Ace Squadron, a group of mercenary star-fighter pilots who provide security for Colossus Station on planet Castilon. When not fighting against raiders and other potential threats, the Aces spend time by doubling as racers on aerial and space courses, competing for extra money and celebrity while giving Colossus a show to gamble on.
- Kazuda Xiono (Christopher Sean) – a New Republic pilot from an influential family with a Senator for a father; recruited into the Resistance by Poe Dameron and assigned to the Outer Rim world of Castilon to check possible movements from the First Order; joined the Team Fireball star-fighter racing crew and becomes one of the Aces
- Torra Doza (Myrna Velasco) – youngest Ace of Ace Squadron and daughter of Captain Imanuel Doza, boss of Collossus Station on Castilon; became a pilot to get out of her overprotective father’s shadow and is Kaz’s closest Ace rival
- Hype Fazon (Donald Faison) – a Rodian merc and the most egotistic pilot of Ace Squadron; his fighter carries labels from corporate sponsors
- Griff Halloran (Stephen Stanton) – a grizzled former Imperial pilot who has the air of a veteran; pilots his old TIE Fighter that has been customized beyond its original specs
- Freya Fenris (Mary Elizabeth McGlynn) – cold and business-like, the oldest Ace pilot aside from Griff; she shares a last name and resemblance to Astrid Fenris, a smuggler seen in the background of Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Bo Keevil (VA unrevealed) – a Kel Dor Ace pilot who wears a mask and speaks little, if at all; notorious for trying to stunt-fly his star-fighter beyond its capacities, leading to frequent crashes in racing and fighting