It’s a new week and here we are again, introducing a new list of songs in yet another volume of the Disney’s Sing-Along Songs specials on home video. This one is a return to form of sorts with the first ever volume, because like Song of the South it’s dedicated to another Disney musical film with animation sequences: Mary Poppins.
This volume is notable for switching out longtime “host” Professor Owl (and his class) with classic cartoon duck character Ludwig Von Drake, who debuted as a presenter for the Walt Disney’s Wonderful World of Color anthology era, on a 1961 episode.
Let’s go over the included songs for “I Love to Laugh!”.
- I Love to Laugh! (from 1964’s Mary Poppins)
- Ev’rybody Has a Laughing Place (from 1946’s Song of the South)
- Bluddle-Uddle-Um-Dum (The Washing Song) (from 1937’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (from Mary Poppins)
- Quack, Quack, Quack, Donald Duck (from the A Day in the Life of Donald Duck episode of Walt Disney’s Disneyland, the first anthology title)
- Oo-De-Lally (from 1973’s Robin Hood)
- Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? (from the classic 1933 Disney short The Three Little Pigs)
- The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers (from 1974’s Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too)
- Pink Elephants on Parade (from 1941’s Dumbo)
- Jolly Holiday (from Mary Poppins)
When the this volume of Disney’s Sing-Along Songs was rereleased in 1994, its title was changed to “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious“, a more on-the-nose reference to the Mary Poppins film.