While the first “series” of the Disney’s Sing-Along Songs home video specials were more coincidental productions that were retroactively grouped together, the second series of the popular Disney music karaoke collection was made precisely as such, multiple consecutive volumes of some of the most memorable music from recent Disney movies, plus those from older films, other Disney-related media and more.
The first volume of the Sing-Along Songs series 2 was released in 1990 to celebrate the premiere of The Little Mermaid only the year before, the film that’s often considered to be the starting point of the Disney Animated Renaissance.
Here are the songs included in the Disney Sing-Along Songs second series volume: “Under the Sea”.
- Under the Sea (from 1989’s The Little Mermaid)
- By the Beautiful Blue Sea (song from 1914; not used in a Disney production until 2003’s The Haunted Mansion)
- Never Smile at a Crocodile (instrumental used in 1953’s Peter Pan)
- That’s What Makes the World Go Round (from 1963’s The Sword in the Stone)
- Kiss the Girl (from The Little Mermaid)
- At the Codfish Ball (song by Shirley Temple in 1936’s Captain January from 20th Century Fox)
- Sailing, Sailing and Sailor’s Hornpipe (traditional song melodies on hornpipe)
- A Whale of a Tale (from 1954’s 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea)
- Someone’s Waiting for You (from 1977’s The Rescuers)
- Reprise Conclusion: Under the Sea