Ten days. There’s only ten days left before the latest iteration of Toy Story Land opens in Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World. Staffers on site are already aware that there will be a sea of people waiting to come in when the new park extension opens June 30.
They may have been already mention in lists of the past, but let’s review what to expect in Toy Story Land of Disney’s Hollywood Studios, in terms of rides, dining accommodations and other attractions in store. With the whole area themed as a play city put together by Andy in the yard (with guests as toy-sized visitors), it’s going to be a fun experience that brings up nice childhood memories.
- Slinky Dog Dash – the main ride attraction for Toy Story Land, a Slinky the dog becomes a roller coaster extravaganza
- Alien Swirling Saucers – why play old-school bumper cars when you can go for bumper UFOs?
- Toy Story Mania – the main Toy Story attraction in Disney’s Hollywood Studios before Toy Story Land appeared, the ride’s now integrated to the new area
- Woody’s Lunch Box – Andy’s imagination enabled him to turn his old Woody-themed lunch box into a fast-food, where “honorary toys” (you, the guests) can go for some classic American diner orders and Toy Story-themed specialties
- Character Encounters – thus far, you’re confirmed to see Toy Story’s very own “Golden Trio” of Woody, Buzz and Jessie around
- Green Army Men Drum Corps – no matter how much time passes, Sarge and his Army Men will hold to their duty; their current mission is to patrol Toy Story Land, entertain guests with fun mini-games, and run Army Man boot camp for aspiring toy soldiers
Only two Saturdays from now, and all these things will come open at last for every honorary toy to enjoy.