It’s shaping up to be a great summer if you’re a Marvel fan in France. That’s because Disneyland Paris has for its 2018 summer-wide event perhaps the greatest concentration of Marvel-themed spectacles in any Disney park right now, with attractions and special merchandise aplenty. We’ll list and explain them all.
Note that all these Marvel specials are happening at Disneyland Paris’ Walt Disney Studios Park component, so you know where.
- Marvel: Super Heroes United – a live indoor stunt show taking cues from the overall myth arc of the Marvel Cinematic Universe; rather than finger-snap them to oblivion, Thanos mind-controls the Avengers and other heroes to fight one another; it’s up to Spider-Man and Black Widow, who both escaped Thanos’ trap, to keep Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Doctor Strange, etc. from killing one another; then it’s on to kick Thanos butt; catch this at Studio Theater
- Stark Expo Presents: Energy for Tomorrow – another stunt spectacular, this time outdoors in front of the Hollywood Tower Hotel (aka Twilight Zone Tower of Terror); the event, ostensibly an arc reactor tech demo by Tony Stark, gets hijacked by Loki, with – again – Black Widow and Spider-Man taking center stage to take him down
- Guardians of the Galaxy Dance-off with Star-Lord and Gamora – yet another outdoor event; Walt Disney Studios Park guests are invited to join in with Quill and Gamora as they throw a dance party to the tune of some familiar music tracks from disco 70s to techno 80s and everywhere in between; the “dance energy” from all willing participants is needed to save the galaxy
- Marvel Eat and Greet – Disneyland Paris’ Hotel New York gives their restaurant the Marvel makeover; diners are treated to an appropriately-themed three-course buffet plus get a chance for selfies and groufies with “resident” heroes Cap, Thor…and Black Widow (that’s a hat trick there)
- Marvel-themed park snacks and merchandise – various eating places in Walt Disney Studios Park now offer at least one or many more Marvel-themed menu items; sit down and take a break snacking on Iron Man cake pops, Groot shortbread and Avengers-brand shawarma, plus many more
Need time to make your travel plans for Disneyland Paris? Take your time indeed, because these events and specials are at home there until September 30. Consider it a tease for a more permanent Marvel expansion area for the park set to open in 2021.