Not all stories in the Marvel Cinematic Universe take an hour-long TV episode or a feature-length movie to tell. There are some chapters that take only a few minutes to unfold, and only involves one particular event rather than a series of them. These are the Marvel One-Shots specials, and today we’re listing them down.
- The Consultant (2011) – after the events of The Incredible Hulk (2008) and Iron Man 2 (2010), expanding on the post-credits scene of Hulk; packaged on home media with Thor (2010)
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor’s Hammer (2011) – set during Thor, about an eventful stop at a gas station by SHIELD Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) on his way to investigate the Mjolnir crater; packaged on home media with Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- Item 47 (2012) – happening shortly after Marvel’s The Avengers (2012, of which it was packaged with on home video), about a bank-robber couple using Chitauri weapons abandoned in the Battle of New York, causing them to be hounded by SHIELD
- Agent Carter (2013) – set after the events of Captain America: The First Avenger, with Peggy Carter working on the Strategic Scientific Reserve and the foundation of SHIELD; its success led to the 2-season Marvel’s Agent Carter TV series on ABC; packaged with Iron Man 3 (2013)
- All Hail the King (2014) – after the events of Iron Man 3, the actor posing as the terrorist Mandarin (Ben Kingsley) is interviewed by an agent who breaks him out of prison, to meet the actual Mandarin figure; packaged on home video with Thor: the Dark World