When Disney Parks and Resorts are mentioned, the first things to mind might be the rides, attractions, characters to meet and greet, and so on. But sometimes guests might just want to be able to shop till they drop, or at least until they get hungry and get some eats.
This then is where the shopping/dining/entertainment complexes of the Disney parks come in. With a varied selection of retail outlets and restaurants to choose from – plus attractions like cinemas and concert venues – they make for a similarly fun alternative to their neighboring theme parks. Here’s a list of them worldwide.
- Disney Springs (opened 1975 under original name; present name in 2015) at Walt Disney World
- Disney Village (opened 1992 under original name; present name in 1996) at Disneyland Paris
- Ikspiari (opened 2000) at Tokyo Disney Resort
- Downtown Disney (opened 2001) at Disneyland Resort, Anaheim
- Disneytown (2016) at Shanghai Disney Resort
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort was supposed to get its own distinct shopping/dining/entertainment complex as well; but its development, much less construction and opening, has not been realized ever since HKDR first started operation in 2005.