Whether you loved it or not, remember how big High School Musical was years ago? From its simple beginning as a Disney Channel Original Movie, it grew into a massive franchise with sequels, a (real) stage musical version, concert and “On Ice” tours, videogames, comics and even a reality show.
And then there was the High School Musical book series launched by Disney Press that ran from 2006 to 2009. These ranged from junior novelizations of the three films and “Tales from East High”, relating original stories of the HSM characters, all written by a stable of assorted authors.
That should do for background; let’s get to the list!
Novels (all written by N.B. Grace)
- High School Musical (June 1, 2006)
- High School Musical 2 (August 14, 2007)
- High School Musical 3: Senior Year (September 23, 2008)
Stories from East High
Their canonicity is questionable as they’re not officially connected to the novelizations. They do however reference events from the novels/films as well as other SOEH books.
- Battle of The Bands (January 16, 2007) by N.B. Grace
- Wildcat Spirit (March 20, 2007) by Catherine Hapka
- Poetry in Motion (May 22, 2007) by Alice Alfonsi
- Crunch Time (July 31, 2007) by N.B. Grace
- Broadway Dreams (September 25, 2007) by N.B. Grace
- Heart to Heart (November 27, 2007) by Helen Perelman
- Friends 4Ever? (February 26, 2008) by Catherine Hapka
- Get Your Vote On! (April 22, 2008) by Alice Alfonsi
- Ringin’ It In (August 26, 2008) by N.B. Grace
- Turn Up the Heat (October 28, 2008) by Helen Perelman
- In The Spotlight (December 23, 2008) by Catharine Hapka
- Bonjour, Wildcats! (February 24, 2009) by N.B. Grace
- Game On (April 28, 2009) by Sarah Nathan
- Lights, Camera, Action (July 21, 2009) by N.B. Grace
Super Special Series (double-sized books set in the Stories from East High canon, written by Helen Perelman)
- Under the Stars (June 3, 2008)
- Shining Moments (April 28, 2009)