Tarzan is a 1999 American animated adventure film directed by Tim Burton and distributed by Walt Disney Pictures.
The first major animated adaptation of Edgar Rice Burroughs’ 1912 novella Tarzan of the Apes, Tarzan is based on the novel of the same name.
When does Tarzan 1999 take place?
Tarzan is the 37th film made by the firm, and the tenth and penultimate feature under the Disney Renaissance era. It is based on Edgar Rice Burroughs’ 1912 story Tarzan of the Apes, and is the first animated major motion film interpretation of the narrative.
When did the first Tarzan film debut?
The world premiere of Tarzan took place on June 12, 1999, at the El Capitan Theatre in Los Angeles, and the film was officially released in the United States on June 16, 1999. Critics appreciated the film, particularly the voice acting, the soundtrack, the animation, and the action scenes.
What exactly happens in Tarzan?
The ape-man Tarzan is taught by the giant ape Kala how to communicate with other animals, traverse the jungle canopy on his hind legs, and take on the jungle’s most dangerous predators. Tantor the elephant and Numa the lion are only two of the many animal companions Tarzan acquires throughout his youth.
Does anyone know Tarzan’s director?
The 1999 adaptation of Tarzan was helmed by Kevin Lima and Chris Buck (in his feature directing debut), with the film being produced by Bonnie Arnold and based on a script by Tab Murphy, Bob Tzudiker, and Noni White.
In Tarzan 1999, who provided the voice of Jane?
- Tony Goldwyn as 20-year-old gorilla-raised Tarzan.
- Minnie Driver as Jane Porter, Professor Porter’s unconventional, feisty, kind, and smart daughter.
- Kala, Tarzan’s adopted mother, played by Glenn Close.
- Young Tarzan: Alex D. Linz
- John Ripa animated Tarzan as an infant and youngster, while Glen Keane oversaw his adult animation.
- Rosie O’Donnell as Terk, Tarzan’s wisecracking gorilla companion.
- Brian Blessed as William Cecil Clayton, an erudite, charming, but egotistical and treacherous hunter who helps the Porters.
- Nigel Hawthorne as Jane’s father, eccentric, short-statured physicist Professor Archimedes Q. Porter.
- Lance Henriksen as Kerchak, Kala’s mate and Tarzan’s reluctant adoptive father, a silverback and gorilla tribe leader who struggles to accept Tarzan as a human.
- Tarzan and Terk’s pal Tantor, played by Wayne Knight.
- Taylor Dempsey, young Tantor.
- Erik von Detten and Jason Marsden as Flynt and Mungo, juvenile gorilla companions of Terk.
- Baby Ape: Lily Collins
The gender of the character Turk in Tarzan
Rosie O’Donnell’s Terk is a unique archetype in film; she is a highly macho female.
Does Disney Plus carry the show Tarzan 1999?
Yes! The 1999 Disney animated film has finally been made available for streaming on Disney.
We trust that watching yet another film won’t derail your plans to check out Disney+.