Many must have wondered what it would be like if the Disney 2014 animated film Big Hero 6 became a regular series. The story just flowed naturally in that potential direction, being a superhero team origin movie. Big Hero 6 was after all adapted from a niche Marvel Comics title.
Well now, Big Hero 6: The Series is nine episodes old and still going on its inaugural season in the Disney Channel. Beyond the team and certain main character names, there really isn’t much attempt to sync the setting with its Marvel source. That leaves the production team numerous possibilities.
And with people who worked on Kim Possible years ago as part of the creative minds behind the further adventures of Big Hero 6, we can count on seeing really colorful characters on the other side of the law from our ad hoc team of do-gooders. So far we have:
- Obake – former student of the San Fransokyo Institute of Technology; villain mastermind with a single-minded focus on the Big Hero 6
- Yama – gangster and underground bot-fight organizer; got roped into being muscle for Obake
- Barb – one half of the villain tandem High Voltage, with electrical powers; mother of Juniper
- Juniper – one half of the villain tandem High Voltage; daughter of Barb
- Globby – formerly Dibs, a snatch thief transformed into a slime monster
- Baron Von Steamer – evil genius specializing in steam-punk tech; archenemy of Boss Awesome, aka Fred’s dad
- Momakase – ninja thief with a chef motif with an arsenal of cooking knives as weapons
- Mad Jacks – a mercenary spec ops team with all members named “Jack”
Those are the villains that have appeared to menace the Big Hero 6 in all episodes premiered. There are sure to be more, but that’ll be for some other time.