“Solo” Director Ron Howard Promises One More Trailer, Assures Post-Prod Nearly Done

It’s now April, and then it will soon be back to the Galaxy Far, Far Away with Solo: A Star Wars Story premiering late in May next month. Despite assurances offered by the film’s final director Ron Howard, there really have been a lot of production difficulties for the movie.

Said difficulties may have contributed to the dearth of trailers and TV teasers for what happens in Solo, aside from the two that Lucasfilm has already released. Luckily, Howard has announced on social media that at least one more teaser trailer of goodly length will be put up for fans.

Probably to offset the fact that a tie-in children’s storybook has spoiled some plot details of the film, the award-winning filmmaker has included a big reveal in his regular social media updates regarding the post-production edition for Solo. This regards a space battle between the Millennium Falcon and TIE Fighters.

Said battle was glimpsed during the Super Bowl LII Solo teaser, and Howard intimates that we might get more of that in the upcoming trailer. He also noted that while Jim Powell is composing and conducting the orchestral score, he will be assisted by Star Wars music legend John Williams.

Meanwhile, initial directors Chris Miller and Phil Lord, who were removed from the project last year due to creative differences with Lucasfilm (after completing around half the filming schedule), will still be part of the production credits as executive producers. Howard’s Instagram updates insist that only “finishing touches” remain doing.

Solo: A Star Wars Story stars Alden Ehrenreich, Donald Glover and Emilia Clarke, and will arrive in cinemas on May 24 (UK) and 25 (US).

Leave a Reply