For certain quarters of the movie-watching crowd who are of the opinion that the Marvel Cinematic Universe of Marvel Studios has become a tired old mess that is seeing steadily decreasing audience numbers every new movie, this comes as a refutation. A recent poll reveals that the MCU’s still anticipated.
The Internet Movie Database has just completed an analysis on page views over at their website, concerning US releases of future films coming out next year. They then released a top ten list of the most-anticipated 2018 movie in terms of those page view analyses, and the results were quite notable.
All top three entries are film adaptations of Marvel Comics characters, with the number one spot belonging to Avengers: Infinity War, the latest MCU movie with a set 2018 release date. Number two is Black Panther which is coming earlier, while number 3 is the R-rated Deadpool sequel from 20th Century Fox which, as everyone knows, is now a Disney acquisition.
The page views for all the Top 10 anticipated films were determined from a pool of IMBD’s monthly unique global website visitors, which runs to an average of over 250 million. So there: the MCU is still popular.
Here’s the complete List of the 10 Most Anticipated 2018 Movies, with release dates:
- Avengers: Infinity War (May 4, 2018)
- Black Panther (Feb. 16, 2018)
- Deadpool 2 (June 1, 2018)
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (June 22, 2018)
- Tomb Raider (March 16, 2018)
- Pacific Rim Uprising ( March 23, 2018)
- The Predator (Aug. 3, 2018)
- Ocean’s Eight (June 8, 2018)
- Mission: Impossible 6 (July 27, 2018)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (May 25, 2018)