Last month, we had our first look of Marvel’s 2nd official trailer for the upcoming Captain America: Civil War – the next ground breaking film from Disney that claims to usher in the third phase of Marvel’s Cinematic Universe. By far the best among the Star-Spangled hero’s trilogy, we saw several surprising revelations in this trailer that gave us a hint of the wild twists and turn expected from this rendition of Directors Anthony and Joe Russo.
Sunday night’s MTV Movie Awards gave us another sneak peek of things to come as Civil War star Chris Evans took the stage to reveal the newest clip from the upcoming epic slated to hit US theaters on May 6. In this 70 seconds clip, we see the efficiency and calm coordination of Team Cap in getting the job done as led by the super soldier himself, Steve Rogers.
We also had a glimpse of Crossbones: a rogue SHIELD agent later revealed to be as a double agent for Hyrda. Also known as Brock Rumlow, this new villain is packed with enough heavy weaponry and armor that is sure to level the playing the field against the Avengers.
Civil War stars Chris Evans, along with Robert Downey, Jr. and Sebastian Stan in an emotional conflict that divides the Avengers and pits them against one another. For Team Cap and Team Iron Man, this is not just a battle of principles over whether or not superhero should be registered with the government but for much more personal reasons.
Be sure to catch Captain America: Civil War in theaters on May 6, followed by these next films that will weave Phase 3 of the MCU all together:
- Doctor Strange – November 4, 2016
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 – May 5, 2017
- Spider-Man – July 7, 2017
- Thor: Ragnarok – November 3, 2017
- Black Panther – February 16, 2018
- The Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 – May 4, 2018
- Ant-Man and the Wasp – July 6, 2018
- Captain Marvel – March 8, 2019
- The Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 – May 3, 2019
- Inhumans – July 12, 2019
- Untitled Marvel movies on May 1, July 10 and November 6, 2020.
Source: The Disney Blog