Remember the excitement when you fell in line at cinemas together with legion of Star Wars fans on the opening night of Star Wars: The Force Awakens? This time, you might get to relive that excitement again.
Disney CEO Bob Iger announced during the Walt Disney Company’s Annual Meeting of Shareholders the official release dates for The Force Awakens. Those who wish to grab an early copy can wait until April 1 for the movie’s Digital HD version; and for those who want to add another spot on their shelves for another volume of the Star Wars franchise, may opt to wait for a few more days for the official Blu-ray and DVD release on April 5. This will come in a uniquely crafted collector’s item packaging. Furthermore, according to Starwars.com, the Blu-ray edition will have exclusive features such as:
- Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey – For the first time, discover the complete story behind the making of The Force Awakens, revealed through in-depth footage and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers in this feature documentary
- The Story Awakens: The Table Read – Cast members familiar and new reflect on the memorable day they all first came together to read the movie’s script
- Building BB-8 – See how the filmmakers brought the newest droid to the screen, creating an instant fan favorite in the Star Wars
- Crafting Creatures – Watch movie magic as the filmmakers bring a cast of new creatures to life
- Blueprint of a Battle: The Snow Fight – Go deeper into the epic, climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren
- John Williams: The Seventh Symphony – The legendary composer shares personal insights of his work on Star Wars and The Force Awakens
- ILM: The Visual Magic of The Force – An insider’s look into the remarkable digital artistry of the movie’s visual effects.
- Force For Change – Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. See how the Star Wars: Force for Change initiative has united Star Wars fans all over the globe to help others
- Plus Deleted Scenes.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens will also be available as retailer exclusives, and will come in various unique packaging and other bonus features. Here’s a look on these retailer exclusives in their unique packaging.
You might remember that we reported how Walmart released a post on their site a couple of days ago announcing the release of their Star Wars Episode 7 retailer exclusive. As on our last check, the page is up again with all the necessary details as mentioned.
Here’s a look on the official Star Wars: The Force Awakens In-Home Trailer.