With cinematic cues reminiscent of 2006’s ‘X-Men: The Last Stand’ where fans are led to reflect on whose side they will stand together with, Disney’s latest trailer that featured at the Super Bowl 50 kicks things off with the gruelling decision of rallying for Superhero Registration, or against it. #TeamCap and #TeamIronMan is now making its round over the Internet polling netizens on whose side will they choose. This is definitely a good start and rallying point considering the fact that Phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) is now upon us.
Other than the 60-second Super Bowl spot that comes with a tag price of US$10 million, an official trailer, and several one-sheets focusing on the headliner feud between Tony Stark and Steve Rogers, Disney was quite mum with its press releases. Probably the Mouse House is still waiting for the dust to settle from the US$2 billion theatrical run of ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’. Whatever Disney’s reasons are, it seems to pretty work actually. With fans getting to choose – and possibly to philosophically debate on the issue – ‘Captain America: Civil War’ is sure to heat things up. Check out these cool photo shoots of TeamCap and TeamIronMan below.
ScreenRant offers some teaser highlights, and a few spoilers as well:
- Stark’s armor seems to be more mobile and portable this time with the appearance of a high-tech glove similar to his ‘briefcase’ armor. It could also be part of the rumored Model #38 (Bleeding Edge Armor) that Stark can control mentally. We’ll find out soon enough.
- The dividing line on who stands united in the movie is quite blurred, giving an enigmatic sense of doubt and questioning among the heroes.
- The Winter Soldier appears again, and this time Bucky is definitely after Tony Stark.
- The epic battle between TeamCap and TeamIronMan is set on a German airport, though it’s hard to tell if Spider Man will swing his way into fray.
- If you’re attention to detail is impeccable, you might notice the remake on Hawkeye’s costume and Ant-Man’s sleeker costume and new helmet.
Watch the video below for a look at the official trailer of Captain America: Civil War.
The movie stars Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Emily VanCamp, Don Cheadle, Jeremy Renner, Chadwick Boseman, Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Rudd, Frank Grillo, Tom Holland, with William Hurt and Daniel Brühl. Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War” is directed by Anthony & Joe Russo and produced by Kevin Feige. Louis D’Esposito, Alan Fine, Victoria Alonso, Patricia Whitcher, Nate Moore and Stan Lee serve as executive producers and the screenplay is by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely.
Captain America: Civil War will release on May 6, 2016, followed by Doctor Strange – November 4, 2016; Guardians of the Galaxy 2 – May 5, 2017; Spider-Man – July 7, 2017; Thor: Ragnarok – November 3, 2017; Black Panther – February 16, 2018; The Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 – May 4, 2018; Ant-Man and the Wasp – July 6, 2018; Captain Marvel – March 8, 2019; The Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 – May 3, 2019; Inhumans – July 12, 2019; and as-yet untitled Marvel movies on May 1, July 10 and November 6, 2020.